Temple Israel welcomes the help of all its many volunteers.
- Drive a shut-in to shul. To be matched with someone who needs a ride, contact Nancy at 489-4550 or [email protected]
- Help bake ahead for kiddush luncheons, a temple cookout or help with Sisterhood catering.
- Volunteer an hour on Sunday morning to staff the giftshop.
- Share a special skill or knowledge with students in the Religious School or offer to teach an adult class.
- Help arrange for transport of gift items collected for the Mitzvah of the Month.
- Help make a minyan or help lead a minyan service.
- Help lead a Shabbat service as a way to commemorate a special personal event.
- Take part in a Temple Mitzvah project when we house or feed the homeless, clean up our neighborhood or undertake other projects.
- Offer to train with the Men’s or the Women’s Chevra Kaddishah, the groups that prepare our departed loved onces for funeral and burial, Or volunteer to have your name added to the list of Shomrim who sit beside the closed coffin reading Psalms between the time of Chevra Kaddishah’s work and the time of the funeral.